Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goodbye and Hello

Dustin left for beach week with the youth group from our church last week, and I left him this little goodbye surprise.  This Angry Bird is made out of Baby Bel cheese, and I left it with a little note, in honor of the hours of Angry Birds he'd be playing on the trip to Florida.

I planned to get up at about 5:00 a.m. to give this to him, but I'll give you one guess if that happened or not... 
Daryl or Dustin?  Dustin or Daryl?  The twinkies kept everyone guessing and confused when they showed up in matching shirts, "accidentally".

I was honored to be praying for these guys and the rest of the campers this week, and was so blessed to hear about the work God did in everyone's lives.  We truly serve an awesome God.

So, I had this all ready for Dustin to see right when he came home and walked in the door.  Of course, it ended up being the one time in his life that he came through the front door instead of the garage.   At least I tried, right?

I know I was just on my own for a week, but I can definitely tell you that I do not enjoy my husband being gone!  Life is much better when I get to be around this man. :)  I'm very thankful that he went and served for an awesome week though!  Marlow is glad to have him back, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment