Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dresser Inspiration

So, I've been on the look out for a large dresser, since the tiny closet Dustin and I share has reached its maximum capacity,  and then some.  The room above is probably one of my favorite rooms of all time, and it sent me on the hunt for a wallet-friendly, used dresser that I could refinish.  
Since our bed is traditional, I really wanted a  modern dresser like the one above.  I'm not a match-matchy kind of girl.
When I found this 80's sensation at a great furniture consignment store, I knew it fit the bill!  (Well, hopefully it will once I'm finished with it!)  Dustin was even happy with it because it's solid wood, great quality....and it was a bargain :)
I really want to paint it white and add some cute hardware like these...however, our bed is black...  (Pictured:  west elm, ikea)
Luckily, I found these rooms that have incorporated black and white furniture flawlessly.

Exhibit B
I'm particularly pumped to add some furniture sparkle, like these from anthropologie.  I'm thinking the option on the right might be best, but how's a girl to chose?

I can't wait to get started!  After all the sanding, priming, painting, and sealing, I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment