Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wedded Bliss - Our One Year Anniversary

Well, it's been a few months since my last post, and a lot has happened in that time! My favorite thing was celebrating my first anniversary with this awesome guy. :) We returned to the place Dustin took me right after he proposed: the Melting Pot of course! (These return trips were the intention of him picking this place on our engagement night.) Pretty sure my mouth was doing a victory dance. Creme brulee fondue...need I say more? It. was. the. best.


The next weekend, we took a little weekend getaway to Beaver's Bend. We stayed in the rustic gloriousness of this cabin, and enjoyed every single second of our trip. The weather was perfect, the cabin was incredible, and the company wasn't bad either. :)


Excited about our first year (not a sports team, FYI). I have loved, loved, LOVED everything about being married to this incredible man. He makes me so happy. I feel like I hit the husband jackpot.
One thing I've realized that I absolutely love about our anniversary, is the gorgeous weather and foliage. Even the four hour drive was fun, as we saw mountains full of trees beginning to change color.

Did I mention I was obsessed with our cabin? I came in, dropped my bags, and immediately photographed every single angle of each room. It also had a 7 person hot tub on the back porch which was pretty much the cherry on top!


My favorite spot to wake up in the morning and spend time with the Lord.


Amazingly enough, I got up early and cooked breakfast! I think that might be a first in the Loehrs household.


We were really missing our pup on the trip, so we ended up adopting the sweetest black dog for the weekend. I'm sure the fact that we supplied him with endless amounts of bacon and hamburger scraps had nothing to do with his love for us.


We toured the state park, lake, and of course the museum and gift shop.

Balancing the camera on the sloped roof of our car was the real success of this picture.


Enjoying the fruits of his epic, fire-building labor. Of course burgers and s'mores followed. On a side note, I'm pretty sure if I was ever on death row and had a last meal, s'mores would definitely be on the dinner list.


Our attempt at some awesome self-photography as we ate our wedding cake topper. I used to think this was a really gross idea, but it was fan. tastic.


We snuck up the mountain on someone's private property for this view. I l-l-l-loved our anniversary weekend, and I'm so glad I get to celebrate it with such an amazing guy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment