Sunday, August 15, 2010

Goodbye Summer...

Goodbye unstructured, lazy days of summer. Hello new first graders, music programs, and getting up early. Looking back on my Summer List (click here), I would say it's been one of my favorite summers ever.

Here are the top 5 things I checked off my list:


1) Book worm: check!
I took a chance on this book which was recommended by a Barnes and Noble employee. While I wasn't a big fan, I loved becoming a recluse and burying my nose in a book.


2) Thrifting: you-betcha!
It was something like the "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" moment. Eryn and I went to Mary's Swap meet on 23rd St. and an OKC thrift store. Let's just say we'd never had an experience quite like that before. Amidst live roosters, garage sale junk, and scorching heat, we found some cute vintage brooches, and an old chandelier!


3) Hooray for healthy (and tasty) cooking!
All of these recipes are low fat and low cal. Above is Roasted Pork Chop and Peaches.

Veggies for the Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Toss

We pretty much have this every Monday night: Sausage and Bean Rigatoni


4) We got crafty: check check
A trip to Hobby Lobby with my neighbor-turned-awesome-friend Eryn, resulted in us starting an Etsy store called Hello Blossom. After weeks of work, we launched our store in July!


5) Local adventures: finally!
We celebrated Cindy's (my incredible mother-in-law) birthday at Red Pin Bowling...except once we got down there, we were informed we could dine but not bowl, because the alley had been rented out. So....we opted for a Bricktown canal ride instead. It still ended up being a fun night!


Woo hoo for a super fun summer! So thankful for time with my friends, family, and the best husband ever. While I have to admit I'm getting excited to see the kiddos soon, I'm already brainstorming a new list for next summer. Can't wait!












No comments:

Post a Comment